Shared care services focuses on placing tamariki referred by Oranga Tamariki into an environment that is safe, supportive and loving. At the same time the service supports tamariki to maintain their relationship with whānau. The priority for the service is ensuring tamariki are safe and in an environment where they are nurtured, loved, wanted and valued.
About this Service
Te Tohu o Te Ora o Ngati Awa takes into care tamariki who are in the custody of Oranga Tamariki, who cannot be returned to their whānau or extended whānau. Shared care is provided until an appropriate placement with whānau or alternative caregiver is found.
Our aim is to ensure tamariki find a permanent placement with whānau in the first instance, or with an appropriate caregiver. Our caregivers are trained to provide the necessary care to tamariki and ensure all resources and services required to ensure tamariki thrive while in our care.
Our service ensures tamariki in our care are:
- safe and in a stable and supportive environment
- loved, wanted and valued
- have access to essential resources and services
- supported to reach their potential and connect with the wider community
- are achieving their potential
- supported to connect to and stay connected with their whānau, hapū and Iwi
If you would like information about this service, please reach out to our friendly team via the contact page.