A free service to all New Zealand children from 0 to 5 years of age that supports whānau to improve, promote and protect the health of their tamariki.
About this Service
You will be supported to make sure your child grows and develops to their full potential. We provide reassurance that you child is developing normally, through growth and development assessments and informing you about other service to keep you child healthy. We support and help you and your whānau to identify your needs as you care for your child, and link you with community and other services.
Tamariki Ora will also support to gain the knowledge and skills needed to respond to your child’s needs at the different stages of their development.
Parents or caregivers with tamariki aged between 0-5 years are able to register with Tamariki Ora.
- Free service
- Service can be delivered at home or any place you feel comfortable
- 7 core checks provided by registered nurses from 4 weeks of age
- Growth and development assessments
- Completion of your child’s Well Child Tamariki Ora My Health Book
- Additional contacts to support you to ensure you child grows and develops to their full potential
- Health education on a range of health education activities e.g. SUDI, oral health, immunisation, hearing and vision
- Referrals to key support services e.g. paediatrician, pre-school dental service, hearing and vision testing