Ante Natal & Parenting Programme
Holistic hands on antenatal and parenting programme for hapū wāhine, parents, expectant fathers and partners, and caregivers.
About this Service
An antenatal and parenting programme that focuses on providing education to hapū wāhine, expectant fathers and partners, caregivers, parents and whānau. This programme provides valuable hands on activities with education on hapūtanga.
Pregnant māmā, expectant fathers and partners and parents of new babies are all eligible to participate in this programme.
- Food and nutrition
- Healthy lifestyle
- Natural labour and birth processes
- Home birth, hospital birth, water birth
- Māori models of health
- Make ipu whenua and ipu pito
- Preparing muka to tie the umbilical cord
- Bonding with pēpi
- Whangaī ū (breastfeeding)
- Safe sleeping, SUDI Prevention
- Linking with local supports